Re: Re Uncooperative SMEs

Subject: Re: Re Uncooperative SMEs
From: "Doug, Data Librarian at Ext 4225" <engstromdd -at- PHIBRED -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 06:55:07 -0600

This is written is response to Michael Kenward's question:

*******************
Can someone explain to me the difference between a Subject Matter Expert and
an Expert?
*******************

Since you asked...

A SME is an expert on the content of the material being documented. This
makes him or her different from me; I'm an expert on presenting the
material and a sort of journeyman on the material itself. It also makes
him or her different from our supervisors, who are experts on arranging
work, but may have varying degrees of expertise on the work itself.

Skoal,

Doug "Multiply Life by the power of Two."
ENGSTROMDD -at- phibred -dot- com
--The Indigo Girls

The preceding opinions and positions are mine alone, and are only
coincidentally related to those of Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.