Warning about a slow response

Subject: Warning about a slow response
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 10:54:01 PST

What phrases do you use to gently warn the user that some element of a
program is going to take way too long?

If this were an irreverent enough venue, I'd say, "Now would be a good
time to go out for coffee," or "Push Execute, then go out to lunch
while the program is working." I'd like something more low-key,
though.

And it's only going to be a minute or so. Any ideas?

Thanks

Arthur