Re: Term "tech writing"

Subject: Re: Term "tech writing"
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 1995 06:45:21 PST

>I hate the term "technical writing." I always use the term "professional
>writing," not because it really matters to me, but because people hear the
>term "technical writing" and they think it's all about:

>Put screw (1) into hole (2).
>Place bracket (12) over holes (2) and tighten screw (2 and 3)

>When it's much more creative than that.

You're hiding behind an awfully big smoke screen with "professional
writing." Such a label obviously includes journal articles by scientists,
journalism, screenwriting, ad copy, and so on.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215