Very Damp in Rainy-Season [HUMOR]

Subject: Very Damp in Rainy-Season [HUMOR]
From: Ellen Adams <ellena -at- TOLSTOY -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 13:25:40 CST

To: TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Hi Tech Writers.

I got this from from Travis, or should I say: travis -at- netrix -dot- com -dot-

In rec.humor.funny, he passed along some excerpts from a Manual for
the "Lucky Enlarger", a photo enlarger manufactured sometime in the early
1950's in Japan. It's a good example of unsuccessful documentation.

[Introduction]

Your Lucky Enlarger Model Junior is the newest model which we, who are
always at the lead of this line, have firstly produced in an effort to
wish for popularization of enlarging work, since we removed to the new
and larger factory with a view to meeting more and more the demands for
our products in the future.

[Assembly]

You take out Pantograph with Lower lamp housing, and Upper lamp housing
from case E, then insert Pantograph from the top of Column. Now you clean
up the inside of Lamp housing to see no dust put in.

Continuously you take out Condenser lenses unit from case D, wipe it clean
with soft cloth and set it into Lower Lamp housing. In this case, pay
attention so as to place upper the side of 3 screws and don't pay attention
to the position of them.

[Comments on enlarging work]

Condenser lenses and Enlarging lens become dime often when it is stone-cold
in Winter or very damp in rainy-season. In this case, it is one of the best
way to use these lenses after wiping up dimness with soft and clean cloth
and warming these lenses at a fire from far away.

[Comments on enlarger itself]

To keep Enlarging lens out ot dark room, not to leave it alone
after working.

To wipe up the chromed parts with clean cloths, not to touch your Lucky
Enlarger with hour hand stained with various medicines, and not to leave
your Lucky Enlarger alone for a long time in the damp place.

To the care of Easel mask in order to be able to operate smoothly it always
and avoid rust arisen on the rail.

Ellen Adams
ellena -at- tolstoy -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
Texas Instruments
Houston, TX