Re: Proper noun use... update

Subject: Re: Proper noun use... update
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 06:45:20 -0800

I'm impressed with the counting, measuring, software vs. hardware
analyses, and I wish I had some erudite addition, but all I have is:
not using the article sounds pretentious, as in, "Doctor will talk to
you now."

jb
========================

To make it all clearer, here's some examples with the *real* name.

"Broadband Network Analyzer can do some amazing stuff."
"The Broadband Network Analyzer can do some amazing stuff."
"Use Broadband Network Analyzer to perform blah blah tasks."
"Use the Broadband Network Analyzer to perform blah blah tasks."

Now what do you think? Thanks very much to those who have already replied.
Could
you please let me know if this changes your minds?

Ain't grammar fun! :-)

Sonja
sonja -at- hpato -dot- aus -dot- hp -dot- com