Re: Booklet Building Summary

Subject: Re: Booklet Building Summary
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 19:06:27 MST

Stephen Schiller wrote--
> Her's a summary for the next person who needs to find booklet building
> software. Hope it helps. I was looking for a utility to build 5.5 x8.5
> booklets in Windows (Word6 or Frame4).

> P4PS "Print for PostScript"
[snip]

> ClikBook
> Demo can be found on Compuserve by typing "Go Clikbook"
> They can be reached at 415-617-1101
> This Windows based program is easy to use, and I believe it is the
> least expensive of all the products I investigated.
> Nice utility!

> DoubleUp
[snip]
==============
I must have been sleeping when this thread went by. I use
ClickBook (actually, what I have is Make-A-Booklet, which is
PaperDirect's custom version of ClickBook...same thing).
It's wonderful, magic software. It will convert your pages into
any size book, retain all fonts and graphics (appropriately
shrinking or enlarging as necessary for the new format), and
even walks you through the procedure for printing on both sides
of the paper if your printer doesn't support duplex printing.

I found just one problem with it--it does not support OLE. If
you've acquired an image in your document via OLE, Clickbook
will bomb in the middle of the print job every time it
encounters the OLE object. This was an easy work around for me
(*after* I finally figured it out). If "OLE" doesn't mean
anything to you, then you probably won't ever encounter the
problem.

The problem may have been fixed in a later version of the
software. In any case, it's great software--even *with* this
little glitch.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=