Re: From contract to full-time

Subject: Re: From contract to full-time
From: Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 09:22:32 -0500

Chris writes:
I have recently decided to switch from contractor to permanent because larger
an more interesting work is possible, as well as continuity.

I have been contracting for seven years, and one of the aspects of the job I
really enjoy, is the wide variety of subjects I get to deal with precisely
because I am not working for a single company. Most companies--even those
with a suite of products--tend to concentrate their efforts in one subject
area. As a freelancer, I am constantly exposed to different subjects, which
is not only interesting, it keeps me current in our ever-changing industry.
In the last several years, I have worked on legal software, 3-D drawing,
rendering and animation; pen-based computing, imaging software, operating
environments...I could go on, but you get the picture.

In addition, I don't have to get into traffic in the morning, deal with cranky
co-workers, buy an expensive wardrobe of clothes, or deal with the other
unpleasantries of working in an office environment.

Ron