Re: how much "tech" to expect from technical editors?

Subject: Re: how much "tech" to expect from technical editors?
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 09:48:00 PST

At 1:21 PM 3/14/95 -0700, Beverly Parks wrote:
>Nancy Ott wrote--

> <snip>
> > Basically, it makes us look like a bunch of glorified
> > desktop publishers.
> <snip>
>=========
>Hmmm.... I could be offended... If I were a DTPer.
==========
My $0.02 follows: I know this is a popular position among TWs (that we
don't just pretty up the pages). However, I find that if it isn't pretty,
it doesn't get read. Making the page appealing is just as valuable a
service as ,making the page readable or understandable. I think it all
falls in our job description.

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"