QUERY: vertical text

Subject: QUERY: vertical text
From: Jo Davidsmeyer <jad -at- TCT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:30:54 -0500

Which way should vertical text run?

We have a new format for press releases, marketing announcements, and
special notices that has a dark color block about an inch wide running
the length of the left side of the page. We're reversing text (titles)
in the block. Which way to run the text: baselines toward the page or
away? We're having a small war between the graphics people and the text
people, so any references or sources would be greatly appreciated. Text is
justified to the top of the page (the one thing we agree on).

Thank you.
--
Jo Davidsmeyer |
jad -at- tct -dot- com |