Information on Tech Writing Positions in Educational Technology Field

Subject: Information on Tech Writing Positions in Educational Technology Field
From: LAURA HARLAN <lharlan -at- MERCURY -dot- SFSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 09:29:26 -0800

I was wondering if anyone on this list works or knows of anyone who works
as a tech writer in the Educational Technology field?

I am a student at SFSU majoring in Technical Writing with a focus in
Educational Technology and I would like to find out what positions there
are in this field, if a Masters Degree is required, etc.

If anyone knows of someone or if you work in this field and would be
willing to give me an informational interview (perhaps a half hour), I
would be most appreciative.

If you're too busy for this, I understand, but maybe you could e-mail me
your thoughts about how technical writers fit into this field.

On another note, if anyone knows of a mailing list for people interested
in Educational Technology, could you e-mail me the address and how to get
on it?

Thanks,
Laura Harlan
lharlan -at- sfsu -dot- edu