Re: Communication w/ SME

Subject: Re: Communication w/ SME
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 09:10:44 -0500

Lori Lathrop wrote about her problem (getting the developer to answer her
questions):

>I made my questions as conspicuous as possible; they are
>sprinkled throughout the text in thick-lined boxes and the words
>"DEVELOPMENT NOTES" centered on the first line of each box

Calling a question by some *other* name hardly qualifies as 'conspicuous.'
Perhaps if you had highlighted the word QUESTION somewhere---or used a large
question mark or emphatic arrow as a side-head---the guy would have paid more
attention to them. After all, DEVELOPMENT NOTES sounds less urgent than
QUESTION! or ????.

@Kat
LIFE 1: MasterWork (technical writing/document design)
LIFE 2: Playn Song, et al. (vocal chamber music)
katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net (LIFE1) : katnagel -at- aol -dot- com (LIFE2)