Re: Answer to the secret of the Corinthians!

Subject: Re: Answer to the secret of the Corinthians!
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 16:20:51 -0600

E-mail glen -at- softint -dot- com

> ------ From: Glen Accardo, Mon, Mar 6, 1995 ------
> >
> > Did the Corinthians ever write back?

> Ha!

> I'm spilling the beans about the Corinthians, Glen. I'm sorry, but

> While reading through the Show section of the Saturday Montreal Gazette
> this past weekend, I noticed an article about Dave Broadfoot, a famous
> Canadian comedian (famous in Canada, at least ;-) ).

<snip>

> One of the one-liners credited to Dave Broadfoot in the
> article (and the answer to the Corinthians question) is:

> "The apostle, Paul, wrote several epistles to the Corinthians.
> Did the Corinthians ever write back?"

> So! The jig is up! When and where did you have the chance to see or
> hear Dave Broadfoot?

Sorry, never heard of the fellow. But, he does sound like just the sort
of smart ellic (sp?) that I'd love to listen to.

As I told Howard Gold earlier today, I made up the question. It started in
a religion class during my senior year in high school. I asked what the
Corinthians had to say about all the harsh words from Paul and whether or
not they wrote back. I was told that this was not the sort of question
I should be asking.

It is a rather obvious question, along the lines of "why do men have
nipples?", so I'm sure that lots of people have asked it in one form or
another. It is also a good tech writer question.

1. The answer is not as obvious as everyone would like to think.
2. Not too many people are willing to even ask it. (or split an infinitive
in a message to tech writers.)
3. Tech writers often have "stupid" questions which desperately need
good answers: "ok, one more time. Why is water wet?" This is how we
ensure that our readers get good, complete, accurate information.

Plus, I'm basically a smart ass (at heart), and I dearly love all the
attention people give me for a simple one liner!

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?