Fowl Pedestrian Jokes

Subject: Fowl Pedestrian Jokes
From: "Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG" <MCJOHNSO -at- SLC -dot- UNISYSGSG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 10:12:00 MST

Although I laughed publicly at the road-crossing chicken jokes (thanks,
Joyce) , I must admit to my colleagues in this private, intimate forum that
I don't understand them all. (Color me red.) The Douglas Adams rationale
(Forty-two) has me stumped.

The only Adamses I am familiar with are Nick in Hemingway's stuff and Joe, a
guy I went to High School with. Joe had a Fifty-seven Fairlane ragtop (boy,
did we have fun), but that's as close as I can get numerically.

Can somebody please explain the Douglas Adams line? Remember, I'm a
hardware writer.

TIA.
Mike Johnson