A WASTE OF TIME

Subject: A WASTE OF TIME
From: "Judy Boyd [ESRI-Redlands]" <jboyd -at- ESRI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 11:05:00 PST

** CAUTION: THIS MESSAGE IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME **

Two observations of a new subscriber (one day):

1. This is a very busy list.
2. About half the messages are a total waste of my time.

I find it irritating to open a messages that says, "Hang in there, buddy."
This type of message should have been sent to the guy that was looking
for sympathy, not to the entire list.

I subscribe to only one other list. People there post messages
(usually questions) to the list and responses are sent to the person
who made the inquiry. A summary of the responses is posted to the
list (IF the result might be of some help to another subscriber).

Two questions from a new subscriber:

1. Is this a professional discussion list or a chat group?
2. Am I the only one that thinks there is a problem?

Disappointed,
jboyd -at- esri -dot- com