Exxon name change

Subject: Exxon name change
From: John Gough <John_Gough -at- CCMAIL -dot- BMC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 13:09:04 CST

In 1971 my best friend sent me a letter that included sketches of two
possible signs that (then) Esso was considering. His dad worked for Esso
and they had just moved away the previous year (boo hoo). One design was
the current design, the other was pretty much the same but lacking the blue
stripe.

By 1972 the name was in place and the signs started going up, though I
don't remember the exact date.
John H. Gough W: 10415 Morado Circle
BMC Software Austin TX 78759
john_gough -at- bmc -dot- com (512) 795-6138