Book/Document Design Resources

Subject: Book/Document Design Resources
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 14:23:33 +0800

Hi!

Generally, I lurk, but I need to prevail on your collective design
experience where documentation is concerned. Does anyone have good reference
materials on document/manual design? We are looking at new layout for our
manuals in the next six months or so and I am looking for resources.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Rikki
Rikki Nyman <nyman -at- trg -dot- trglink -dot- com>
TRG, Inc.
I sugest that you look at "Illustrating Computer Documentation"
by William Horton (Wiley). It is a great design and graphics guide.
The last chapter, "Page as Picture" is worth the cost of the book.
If you will not be using graphics, forget the above.

If your plans include online doc, see "Designing and Writing
Online Documentation" 2nd Edition, also by Horton. Good luck.

Bob Morrisette
Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM