html conversions & misc.

Subject: html conversions & misc.
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 10:20:33 +0800

Somebody asked about html conversions and I just opened my latest
Internet-on-a=Disk that had this information. I included more
in case someone doesn't know about this source of news and some
other neat stuff

Bob Morrisette
Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM

INTERNET-ON-A-DISK #9, February 1995
Newsletter of public domain and freely available electronic texts
Circulation: direct = 5,300, indirect (estimated) = 100,000+

This newsletter is free for the asking. To be added to the distribution
list, please send requests to samizdat -at- world -dot- std -dot- com -dot- If you don't
have an email address, we can send it to you by snail-mail on IBM or
Mac diskette. ($30 for ten diskettes -- one with all the back issues,
followed by the next nine issues.) B&R Samizdat Express, PO Box 161,
West Roxbury, MA 02132.

Permission is granted to freely distribute this newsletter in electronic form.
All other rights reserved. (Parts of this will soon be collected in a book --
I-Time: The Internet Era by Richard Seltzer).

We plan to produce new issues about once a month (with time off for
vacation). We welcome submissions of articles and information
relating to availability of electronic texts on the Internet and their use in
education.

html to ascii conversion --
If your Web browser won't let you save files as plain text, you can use
a conversion program to remove the html code. You can download this
software (htmlcon.zip) from
ftp://ftp.crl.com/ftp/users/ro/mikekell/html/satftp.htm

converting files to html --
If you want to create pages in html for publishing on the Web, Microsoft's
Internet Assistant (beta version) is available for free downloading from their
Web site (http://www.microsoft.com). Click on "What's new."
To use this, you need the US version of Word for Windows 6.0a or 6.0c.
From the U.S. Library of Congress -- the Thomas Web Server
http://thomas.loc.gov/
This site provides the full text of all versions of House and Senate bills
searchable by keyword(s) or by bill number, plus background information
on how laws are made. It will also soon provide the full text of the
Congressional Record and the full text of the daily account of
proceedings on the House and Senate Floors, searchable by keyword(s).
"Future Enhancements to THOMAS will include adding the Library's Bill
Digest files, summaries and chronologies of legislation, and will integrate
them with the full text of bills, thus creating a unique presentation of
legislative information."

There is much more...................