Project management software...

Subject: Project management software...
From: "Fran-swah-zzzz @ ext.318" <HEMBERT -at- OAK -dot- BGS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 11:02:11 -0500

Emily Skarzenski asked about less expensive project management tools.

I am using Softkey's project management software. I dont' recall the exact
price, but I believe it is around the $35-40 range. It's a lot "simpler" than
e.g. Microsoft's project management tool; there is no critical path charting
capabilities and so on. However, Softkey's lets you breakdown the projects by
tasks and milestones, group related tasks, assign them to individuals, assign a
dollar amount per type of task so that you can track how much money is spent.
It can be enlightening :-)

In my experience, the "problems" associated with using software tools for
project management are more related discipline than to the software
functionality. It takes commitment to update and use the data :-)

Frangoise Hembert
Principal Technical Writer
BGS Systems, Inc.
Tel. (617)891-0000