conference justification?

Subject: conference justification?
From: Bex <rebeccaf -at- COMPNEWS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 13:03:02 +0000

How do you write a conference justification?
I want to got the STC 42nd Annual Conference. My boss says the company
would probably be willing to pay the conference fee but as the air fare
from England would cost even more than the conference fee, if I want them
to pay it I have to write a very good explanation of why I want to go.
(Luckily accommodation is not a problem.)

Have any of you had success in explaining this to your boss, and if so,
what did you say?

My reasons for wanting to go are that although I have a Post Graduate
Diploma in Technical Authorship and Communication, I have very little
experience in the field and very few contacts and as I am the only
technical writer in my company I desperately need to catch up on all the
latest technologies, methods, short-cuts, standards + anything else that
I haven't thought of but ought to have, plus I need to find ways of
keeping up with all this stuff in the longer term.

Do you think that is a good enough reason to give my boss?

R_e_b_e_c_c_a F_i_l_a_r_d_o /\ /\
/ o o \
IS-Liaison > ^ < cat