Personality and humor

Subject: Personality and humor
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 10:55:10 IST

I think a little humor adds to what otherwise can be uniformly
drab set of manuals (Mike Christie)

** Hmm, who decides what's funny?

when i wrote a technical book (outside of my regular job),
the publisher encouraged me to use my name and infuse the
book with my personality. (Hanna Nelson)

** So it wasn't a manual supplied with the product and
representing the manufacturer, right? That's fine.
You and the reader are fellow outsiders and you can
admit to being an individual.

In the manual supplied with the product, on the other
hand, the more you sound like an individual
the less you sound definitive.
||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| If God intended 1 space between sentences, why do we have 2 thumbs? ||