Re: Style question - pushbuttons

Subject: Re: Style question - pushbuttons
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:04:35 -0500

I currently write English documents that are translated to Japanese. For
clarity and quick location on a window, I try to provide some window element
info within the step:
Click on the OK button.
Click on the check box to the right of <label name>.
Select an item from the drop-down list.
etc., etc.

I use "Select" when there is more than one way to highlight one or more
item(s) in a list. The "selection" methods are provided in the doc only once.

I also make sure that all documentation have a reference section describing
all mouse actions and window elements that are used in the documentation and on
the gui.

Laurie