Re: Have you used FrameViewer?

Subject: Re: Have you used FrameViewer?
From: "Kate M. Jarsulic" <kjarsuli -at- RS5 -dot- CCD -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 09:36:26 -0500

in a former life, Paul MacGyver Carman said ...

>Greetings all!

>I've been looking into FrameViewer as a way of getting my

ahhh..... FrameViewer.

it is a source of conflict here because of the price...
(read the framers list comp.text.frame articles "free
the viewer").

FMviewer is a quick and dirty way to convert your docs to on-line
because all you are doing is eliminating the editing capablities of
the reader. if your need is to "provide documentation that is on-line"
and price is not an issue, FrameViewer is a good idea. If your
need is to provide "on-line documentation" and price is not an issue,
then maybe you want to investigate some other alternatives.

we have been looking into free viewers... most would require us
to convert our framedocs to html.

there is a conference going on in orlando... it is one day at the
expo center (90 bucks for stc members). one session deals with
putting doucuments on-line using html, adobe acrobat, and microsoft
help. you might be able to compare these with frameviewer.

if you go, let me know.... our division doesn't have 90 bucks to
send someone...

...kj

--
Kate Jarsulic
Technical Writer (407)242-5316

"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing
your temper or your self-confidence."
--Robert Frost