Re: Fast Help Needed

Subject: Re: Fast Help Needed
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 12:29:00 PST

Shelly, I'm not in Silicon Valley, but I am at the north end of the same
bay. There are so many Tech writiers locally that you must have some unique
miox of skills that are of interest to this employer. If you are on an
hourly basis I's ask 45-55 per hour. There are tons on 35-40 an hour TW
jobs here, and software testers are getting $60. You take it from there.
===============
At 11:23 AM 2/15/95 -0500, Shelly M. LaRock wrote:
>I need some information, and I need it before 3pm EST.

>I received a phone call about a job offer this morning,
>and the job is a 12-month contract position in Palo Alto, CA.
>It's a typical contract (i.e., no benefits, no moving
>expenses). I have to call the company back at 3pm today
>to discuss my salary expectations, and I don't have a clue
>what I should expect, since I'm not familiar with that
>part of the country.

>Any information anyone can give me would be greatly
>appreciated. A little background info on the job:
>I would be writing software documentation, and possibly
>helping write/edit C++ code.

>Thanks in advance! Please post responses to me instead
>of the list. If anyone else want the information, I can
>always forward it.

>Shelly La Rock
>smlarock -at- mtu -dot- edu
>Michigan Tech University

Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius