Re: Writing Platform

Subject: Re: Writing Platform
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CFN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 08:57:15 -0400

On Tue, 14 Feb 1995, David Dubin wrote:

> are condidering converting from WordPerfect to something that works and I
> really would like to know what works for you. I am partial to PageMaker (as I
> used it back in my MAC days), but am open to any and all suggestions, advice,
> and information.

You don't say what you're using now, but imply it's a PC-based system.
Correct?

I have a PC-based system and use Word for Windows 6.0c as well as
WordPerfect (for DOS, not Windows!) 6.0. I know WordPerfect so
thoroughly, it seems, that I like it (and I like it much better than
5.1). I'm curious as to how it does NOT work for you.

I'm also considering PageMaker, because my associate uses it on his Mac
and we're trying to iron out all the wrinkles in Mac/PC file transfer
etc. So I'm also curious as to others' experiences with using PageMaker
on the PC for documentation.

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- cfn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>