Top ten books to own

Subject: Top ten books to own
From: Al Barten <barten -at- MMFES1 -dot- PSF -dot- GE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 11:24:53 -0500

Kimberly -

Here are a few books I find useful (of course they're geared to my
own interests and needs):

- both Tufte books already mentioned

- A Manual of Style (University of Chicago Press)

- Designing and Writing Online Documentation by Wm Horton (John Wiley)

- Illustrating Computer Documentation by Wm Horton (John Wiley)

- Pocket Pal: a graphic arts production handbook (International Paper)

- A good dictionary (take your pick, but it's nice to have access to an
unabridged one)

- Computer dictionaries (I have two and use them to complement each other)

- Any of the XXX for Dummies books (pick your topic - I have Unix and
Internet)

Al

P.S. My first response (to your address) was returned "Host unknown" - I'm
sending this to the list instead - you may find the list has you down
under the wrong adress.