Re: Glossary terms in index/s...

Subject: Re: Glossary terms in index/s...
From: Grant Hogarth <CGHogarth -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 22:39:06 -0500

Lori Lathrop notes (re: glossary structures and terms):
> You mentioned an interesting situation -- terms appearing in the glossary
> but *not* in the text. In that case (which I hope is an unusual one), I
> would argue for including glossary terms in the index.

I have written a few manuals in which terms appeared in the glossary, but not
the manual. Sometimes they are alternate names for the same object, sometimes
(especially in manuals aimed at beginning users of the software) they are
general terms used in the industry (currently digital graphic printing).
Either way, I include them in the index, and include the listings for
"glossary" and "terminology".

Grant Hogarth