writing for the WWW

Subject: writing for the WWW
From: "Laura Lemay, Killer of Trees" <lemay -at- LNE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 19:38:00 EST

Warning: shameless plug below.

A couple of people here have posted about working with HTML files and
the World Wide Web, so I figured now would be a good time to mention this:

A book called "Teach Yourself Web Publishing in HTML in a Week," (whew!)
has just hit the stores. Its the first book out on how to write for
the Web, and includes a lot of information not only about the HTML language
itself, but also about designing for online and organizing hypertext
information. I like to think it has just about everything to get you
jumpstarted on creating information on the Web...but then again, I wrote it,
so I'm biased.

If you're on the Web, you can get more information about the book from
http://slack.lne.com/lemay/theBook. Or, here's the short version:

Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML in a Week
by Laura Lemay
Sams Publishing
ISBN 0-672-30667-0
$25.00
The 800 number for ordering this and other books from Sams Publishing is:
1-800-428-5331. Or, from overseas, you can call +1-317-581-3500.
Or ask at your local bookstore.

Thanks,

Laura, formerly well-paid tech writer, now starving author