Re: Brochure creation software

Subject: Re: Brochure creation software
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 21:55:37 -0700

Laurie Rubin wrote:

> What software do you recommend to create a brochure?

This is the sort of task that PageMaker shines at. Highly recommend it.

As for ideas to make your brochure a successful marketing tool. Use a
good quality paper. Brush up on or hire someone with strong graphic
design skills to do the page layout. Keep it simple, but cover the strong
points of your business. Testimonials are great.

One great idea I've seen is to create a brochure that includes a
perforated rolodex card with the business name, address, and phone number.
This helps the customer locate you easily--and save the information more
readily.

Another possibility: include a coupon for a free lesson, sample of the
product, etc.--or a 10% discount--something to draw in inquiries.

> For those who created brochures from your own bank account, do you
> reacommend doing the work first and then giving it over to a printer to
> make glossies, or just give ideas and have the printer do all the work.

I do my own work and submit camera ready material. However, much depends
upon what equipment and skills you have in-house. Also on what the
printer would charge and how good the printer's work is. Check samples
and figure costs both ways. Then choose.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

You can't solve a problem unless you first admit you have one.
--Harvey Mackay in _Swim with the Sharks_