desktop publishing applications

Subject: desktop publishing applications
From: Sbbrown <sbbrown -at- NANDO -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 17:10:33 -0500

I am looking for information on how well Quark supports long documents,
TOCs, indexes, cross references, and other issues related to long,
technical documentation. I know it doesn't automatically support TOCs
and indexes, but you can buy extensions to support these features. Are
the extensions good and do they work well with the app? Does Quark support
separate, linked chapter files? Does Quark allow you to easily create a
long document within the app or is it easier to import the file? Does it
import document styles?

I have used Framemaker for long documents before and know that it supports
these features well. How does Quark compare?

Please send responses directly to me and thanks for your time.

Sandy Brown
sbbrown -at- nando -dot- net