STC Board to be in OKC followed by Chapter Banquet

Subject: STC Board to be in OKC followed by Chapter Banquet
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 13:10:13 -0600

Dear Techwr-lers:

I'm sending this out to the list for the benefit of those who
are not reached through other distribution methods:

The Board of Directors of the Society for Technical Communication is
holding its January meeting in Oklahoma City (hosted by the Oklahoma
Chapter of STC). If you are an STC member, you are invited to attend
the open sessions to hear discussions and decisions that are going
to affect *your* professional society. The sessions are this Friday
and Saturday, January 27 and 28, at the Radisson Inn, OKC.

Saturday evening the Board members will join local STC members at our
Chapter Banquet, which will feature winners of our Technical Competitions
and recognition of past chapter presidents. The event is at Applewoods
Restaurant (just off I-40 and Meridian).

Note: I understand that very few who read this will plan to attend;
however, if you are interested in STC issues, you may send me a private
message, and I'll let you know what transpires at the Board meetings on that
topic.

For more information about these meetings, send me a message at the address
below.

LaVonna F. Funkhouser
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (This address contains two "L's", no "1" or "i.")

president, OK Chapter of STC