Re: video sales

Subject: Re: video sales
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 20:18:50 -0800

Bonni Graham said:
> one of the most useful things about this list
> for me has been the information on different tools and publications that
> can help me do my job, and until recently, I thought I was in the
> company of others who believed the same.
> I tried to narrow the focus by being very clear in my
> subject line, so that anyone who was not interested could skip the
> message.

In fact, I *did* delete your message because I'm not interested. At the
same time, I appreciate the fact that you have always been so responsible
about posting this info. I foolishly assumed that all the followups were
people saying "I want to order a tape!" as has happened in the past.

I'm stunned that anyone would attack Bonni for posting a resource that was
clearly labeled as such. Why not attack the bozos who post job ads without
putting the location in the subject header? That offends me a lot more.
It's not like Bonni is flaunting her own personal services!

And in fact, I think I'd even approve of someone doing that once. Those
who think the net will die because of advertising are either short-sighted
or haven't been on the net very long. It's not my favorite thing, but I've
made use of many services that I found on the Internet. (Web pages and a
credit card are a bad combination.:) ) Spamming and advertising are
different. It's not like Bonni posted this to 11,000 newsgroups or
anything...she posted one notice, about a *service* that she's provided
gratis for over a year.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com