Re: Zero population growth

Subject: Re: Zero population growth
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 10:39:31 -0700

Tammy wrote:

> The verb "populate" bothers me because it implies some sort of reproduction
> is occurring, which has an odd meaning in a user manual. It is also vague,
> especially when used with the passive voice. I always wonder just who or
> what is doing all this populating.

On the other hand, judging by the size many new software versions are
reaching, perhaps populate in the sense of reproducing isn't so far off
after all! 8-)

Actually, I think Tammy's rewrite was much better.

RoMay Sitze A musician must make music, an artist must
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu paint, a poet must write, if he is to be
ultimately at peace with himself.
-Abraham Maslow-