Re: <pPopulate as a verb for "fill in"

Subject: Re: <pPopulate as a verb for "fill in"
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- ALENA -dot- SWITCH -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 09:40:04 CST

Ray,

I think that "populate" is a techie term--I have heard it before, but I wouldn't
use it in a manual unless I was speaking to other techies. I would say something
along the lines of "Enter blah blah blah in the blah field to create the blah"--
that is, if you're writing a procedure of some sort.

Sounds like you're on the right track to me.

Nora
merhar -at- alena -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com