Re: Technical Presentation Skills

Subject: Re: Technical Presentation Skills
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 09:30:49 EST

Sally Marquigny (INTERNET:SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM) notes:

> A wonderful psychology professor (Dr. Raymond Bice) I had did a whole
> semester intro class about things like this. What happens is that if you
> *sleep on it*, it truly sticks with you because your brain basically
> downloads it from your short-term memory to your long-term memory.

Perhaps this ties into the "superlearning" theory (developed by Ostrander
and someone else who's name I've forgotten). Anyway, a basic premise is
that listening to classical music, especially baroque (Telemann is one
of the best), enhances learning because the beat of the music (approx.
one beat per second) harmonizes with your body's own rhythm. (I read
the book many years ago, so I'm paraphrasing.)

Lori Lathrop ----------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services, P.O. Box 808, Georgetown, CO 80444