Need tech editor, copy editor for PC book

Subject: Need tech editor, copy editor for PC book
From: "Stephen W. Sagman" <ssagman -at- PIPELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 12:32:24 -0500

I need a freelance/contract technical editor and copy editor for a computer
book that a major computer book publisher has contracted with me to create.
This will be my 13th computer book and the fourth book I will deliver
fully edited and desktop published.

The book subject is a new online service and the book audience is beginners
so the coverage will be mostly nontechnical. Nevertheless, the tech editor
will need to ensure the accuracy of the information and procedures as they
change during the development of the product. The tech editor must also
have a Windows 95-capable PC and modem and experience with online
information services. The copy editor should have lots of experience with
non-fiction book or magazine copy editing, not necessarily technical. Would
be helpful if copy editor used Microsoft Word for Windows.

Project begins now and continues chapter by chapter through April, with
review of final pages in May. Communication will be via modem.

Please email qualifications or questions.

Thanks.

Steve Sagman (ssagman -at- pipeline -dot- com)

PS. I'd also like to hear from you if you'd be interested in revising an
existing computer book on the subject of presentation graphics for a new
edition.