Re: seeking html/web training

Subject: Re: seeking html/web training
From: Stessa Cohen <stessa -at- NETAXS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 19:57:19 -0500

> I am seeking information on workshops being offered on producing HTML
> documents and on structuring/planning WWW servers.

> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I would suggest taking a look at some documents that
reside on the web itself. I have used the Beginner's Guide
to HTML and have found it helpful. It is located at the
following location:

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Interest/WWW

The name of the file that contains the Beginner's Guide name
is HTMLPrimer.html. There are some other documents in the WWW
directory that may also be of interest to you.

For setting up WWW servers, I have picked up the following
locations for information tho I haven't used the documents,
so I don't know how easy to use or accurate they are.
These are also located on the web.

For a server on a Mac:
http://www.uth.tmc.edu/mac_info/machttp_info.html

For UNIX platforms:
Webmaster's Starter Kit at http://wsk.eit.com/. It will download,
build, and configure an HTTP server for various UNIX platforms, including
SunOS or Solaris.

Stessa

--
Stessa Cohen
stessa -at- netaxs -dot- com

Hope is the thing with feathers/that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without all the words/and never stops at all.
Emily Dickinson