Re: STC Web Home Page

Subject: Re: STC Web Home Page
From: Mike Mcgraw <mcgraw -at- BROOKTREE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 11:05:04 -0800

Liz Babcock writes:

> In May 1994 the STC Board approved a research grant entitled "WAN
> Hypermedia Documents on the Internet: An STC WWW Site." Recipient of
> this grant was Dr. Dennis Horn of Clarkson University, Potsdam, New
> York. I don't have an e-mail address for Dr. Horn, but STC does have a
> student chapter at Clarkson (Potsdam Student Chapter, advised by Dr.
> Stephen Doheny-Farina).

Well, using the information posted yesterday by Eric Schieler and by K.
John Russell, I zinged out on the big net and connected to the new STC
WWW home page at Clarkson U.

Pretty neat! If you have Web access, open URL
http://heron.tc.clarkson.edu/

The top page has links to information about STC and its journal
*Technical Communication, resume and job postings, and a page for
ongoing discussions related to the new site and issues related to
Internet and electronic dissemination of information. The site is
apparently VERY new since the discussion pages hold less than half a
dozen comments. But much of the discussion now taking place on TECHWR-L
about Mosaic and online viewers could as well move over to the new STC
WWW site. Drop on over for a look...I'll see you there. :*)

And while I'm at it (posting, that is) let me wish you all a relaxing
and pleasant holiday break from work. Mele Kalikimaka, friends. [Check
Elaine Winter's latest posting for translation]. :*)

Mike McGraw
San Diego STC ATPIC director
mcgraw -at- brooktree -dot- com