Costs of Translation

Subject: Costs of Translation
From: "mrw.EMAIL" <manu!mrw -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 14:07:32 -0500

09:06

Holiday Greetings, 'whirlers!

I have a questions for you translation mavens. My company's translation mavens
are all on vacation (what nerve!), so I turn to you.

We have prospect who wants us to translate our training curriculum into their
language. Does anyone have ballpark figures on translation costs? For
example, cost per page, cost for services, how translation companies charge,
etc.

I realize that these figures don't even touch the cost of preparing a document
for translation. I'm under the impression that it's real expensive.

Last, any thoughts on the pain (or painlessness) of maintenance of translated
material wrt updates, enhancements, changes, etc.?

Thanks for any info...
Mary R. Wise
mrw -at- manu -dot- com