TWs in Israel

Subject: TWs in Israel
From: Marsha Wolicki <cmawta -at- TAUX01 -dot- NSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 17:02:42 IST

John Holland wrote:

> I have yet to meet a technical writer in Israel, with mother tongue
> English, who knows (or knew before he/she/it met me) what a "split
> infinitive" is.

Why do you mention only technical writers in Israel? Why not in the
whole world? How many technical writers in Israel have you tested?

It is sad that you have to knock others around you in order to build
up your own ego.

Unfortunately, most of the people on this list do not know anything
about technical writers in Israel and might get the wrong impression
from such a statement.

The truth is that we have excellent and poor technical writers, just
as any geographic location has.

Don't you realize that statements like yours say more about you than
the people you are criticizing.

Marsha
National Semiconductor, Herzliya, Israel
cmawta -at- taux01 -dot- nsc -dot- com