Re: genie postmaster messages

Subject: Re: genie postmaster messages
From: Randall Raemon <rlr -at- HAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 15:49:05 -0600

In message <9412122114 -dot- AA03967 -at- hal -dot- com>
Fenella Saunders writes:

> Can anyone on genie figure out how to stop the genie postmaster from
> sending all these confirmed messages to the techwr list? I'm getting a
> billion of them.

I've already sent mail to the genie-postmaster saying that some
daemon process is mailbombing the techwr-l list. I suspect some
number of other people have (or will) be doing the same.

I'm on a Unix box, and I've set my mail handler to quietly destroy
messages from genie-postmaster -at- geis -dot- com (in the MH .maildelivery
file). Once I cleared out my queue, I don't see these anymore.
Depending on your mail handler program, you might be able to do
something similar.

--
Randall Raemon
rlr -at- hal -dot- com