Re: Windows Screen Captures

Subject: Re: Windows Screen Captures
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 1994 11:57:25 -0700

This comes under the heading of slap myself on the forehead and say "Why
didn't I think of this myself?" In all honesty, I did try to do this in
one of my paint programs with no success. For some reasons the clipboard
image would not import (I believe I was trying to work in an older version
of Picture Publisher.) However, I almost never work in Paintbrush and
didn't even think about trying this there. Now I really must give this a
try.

On Fri, 2 Dec 1994, Susan W. Gallagher wrote:

> But really, none of this extra sofware is necessary. I capture screens to
> the windows clipboard using alt+prnscrn for the active window or just
> prnscrn if I need the menu too. Paste the clipboard contents into paintbrush
> to clean it up, then do a copy to of just the region of the paintbrush
> workplace I want to get the right file size. This gives me the ability to
> do everything from full-size screens to individual toolbar graphics without
> spending an extra penny on software or consuming any disk space.

> piece 'o cake, as they say.

> Sue Gallagher
> Technical Writer
> StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
> sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com

RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

Practice makes perfect--or perfectly awful.
It depends on what you practice.