Re: Contract writing (was Job Futures for Tech Writing)

Subject: Re: Contract writing (was Job Futures for Tech Writing)
From: "Bonni J. Graham" <bgraham -at- ELECTRICITI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 13:26:13 PST

I didn't mean to leave anyone on tenterhooks -- I just wasn't sure anyone
else wanted to know!

Here's the package: MoneyCounts for Business by Parsons Software.

It's not complicated, and I'm sure that there's stuff it doesn't do that
something like Peachtree or bigger products would. However, it's been
veddy veddy good to me (hats off to Garrett Morris).

It tracks my accounts receivable and payable, and my credit cards, and my
checking account. It deposits received receivables to my checking account
(or wherever I want them). It's SUPER easy to balance accounts with. It
tracks expenditures by categories, and then prepares reports on those
categories. It is reputed to export this data to their tax planner (which
does estimated taxes), but I haven't used it to do so yet. AND it does all
of this easily (and when I say easy, I mean it -- I a Math Moron).

The only drawback is that it's DOS only (but if I can get enough people to
beg for a Windows version, they say they'll do one). However, it's as
graphical as you can get in DOS (totally point and click, really) so I
don't miss Windows as much as I thought I would.

Here's some contact info for Parsons:

800-223-6925

In CompuServe, type GO PA. In GEnie, type PARSONS. They say you can order
through DELPHI, but there aren't any instructions.

One Parsons Dr.
PO Box 100
Hiawatha IA 52233-0100

Hope that helps! I know I really like the product's simplicity.
Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
Director, Region 8 Conference
bgraham -at- electriciti -dot- com