Re[2]: Make It Pretty

Subject: Re[2]: Make It Pretty
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 14:38:00 -0500

A> When I was all of 23, I got a similar line from an engineer at a
A> large defense company ... except he said, "Documentation is a
A> necessary byproduct of good engineering."

A>Interesting. When I get sniped at by engineers I always say it's a
A>byproduct of
A>*bad* engineering. I tease them to "engineer me out of a job" by
A>making it simple enough that they won't need me to spend all my time
A>ferreting out the details of how to make it work. I'm still here,
A>though.

My sentiments exactly!

It's been a long time since anyone gave me a hard time about documents
(other than teasing). When they did, I told them they could do it
themselves. That clams them up pretty quickly!

Barb

barb -dot- philbrick -at- pcohio -dot- com
---
~ CMPQwk 1.4 #9107 ~ He who laughs last had to have it explained.

PC-Ohio PCBoard PO Box 21411
The Best BBS in America South Euclid OH 44121
DATA: 216-381-3320 pcohio.com FAX: 216-291-2685