Book Master Replies

Subject: Book Master Replies
From: Stewart Freed <Stewart_Freed -at- BABYLON -dot- MONTREAL -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 17:42:03 GMT

First off, thank you all for timely, informative, and (sometimes) humorous
response. I think I got the gist of it. To those whom I have not responded, I
posed the following questions:

Is this a large and difficult application to learn?

Can you describe the type of companies that use this product? If it is a
large IBM product, I'll assume that the clients will be Fortune 1000.

Can I run some version on a PC?

Do you know the pay rates for BookMaster experts?

Marilynne (mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM) and Michael Priestley
(mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com) succinctly answered my questions, and to them I am
very grateful.

The prelude to all this was a request from a recruiting agency for Book
Master experts. Since I knew nothing about Book Master, I posted on TECHWR.

My background: I started out using text formatters such as Music/Script and
nroff. Later, I learned Compugraphic typesetting codes. Like most tech
writers, I eventually progressed through Ventura, WordPerfect, MS-Word,
Interleaf, Frame, etc. Something tells me that I could learn Book Master,
should the need arise.

Regards,

Stewart Freed
Technical Communication Consultant