Re: Re[2]: Presentations (long post -- but no Mom or PC)

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Presentations (long post -- but no Mom or PC)
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 1994 16:30:46 GMT

In article <9410227855 -dot- AA785553179 -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com>,
doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com> wrote:

> As for how to give presentations. ... I'm a shy guy. I grew up
> hard of hearing (and I'm still extremely so), this means socially I
> was a fish out of water. I mention this only as a way of
> presenting credentials, I guess, when I say just about anyone can
> do it. What helped me was practice.

I'm also hearing-impaired. {Yes, for those of you paying attention, I
hear well enough to do phone-based tech support.} What helped me more
than anything else was the six years I spent in Toastmasters.

Toastmasters is an international organization that uses peer critique to
improve your public speaking skills. They teach you how to do prepared
speeches and improv speeches.

I was lucky to run into Toastmasters in my mid-teens; to the extent that
I'm no longer an obnoxious, socially-maladjusted twerp, Toastmasters is
responsible. ;-)
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

Third virtual anniversary: 34 days and counting