hot spot?

Subject: hot spot?
From: Yuk-Lin Ong <yuklin -at- TECH -dot- SINGALAB -dot- COM -dot- SG>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 13:53:12 +0800

What is the technical term for this:
the exact position/spot on a page that is a hypertext target.

The product developers on my team call it a _hot spot_.
When I look up dictionaries and glossaries, _hot spot_ seems to be
connected to a cursor point.

The following expands on my first paragraph:
A hypertext "apple", when double-clicked, will take the user directly to
the definition or paragraph on "apple" on the page, let's say "Garden
Fruits". This is not the behavior of some hypertext systems, where
clicking on "apple" will bring the user to the top of the page "Garden

Thanks in advance.

Yuk-lin Ong
SingaLab Pte Ltd

Previous by Author: repeat messages
Next by Author: Re: Built-in to vs. built in to
Previous by Thread: Background of Esperanto
Next by Thread: Re: hot spot?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads