cement heads

Subject: cement heads
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 10:04:13 -0800

I think you're expecting too much.

I say: all cement-heads get off the net!

Seriously, you are eloquent as well as correct. It's very good of you
to take the time, especially with someone who, I'll bet a lot, closed
his mind decades ago.

================================
Subject: Re: Dave Meek: Spokesperson for Minorities???

I would like to thank Dave Meek for helping me the errors of my ways. Who
was I to feel that he does not refer to me, a woman? I suppose the word
'white' refers to African-Americans and Hispanics. I am sure that Mr. Meek
has a problem with PC language if he feels that those of us who are not
middle-class, white and male should allow our language to alienate us.

Mr. Meek, I find it disconcerting that someone who makes a living writing
does not understand the power of words. Our language creates our reality
and in doing so can either liberate or oppress. Perhaps you may want to
consider reading some sociolinguistic accounts of the role of language in
our culture.

Tracie Speer