What software are you using?

Subject: What software are you using?
From: KnoxML1 <KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 13:49:30 EST

I am buying a new computer soon (a Mac Performa 630cd, probably, with 8 MB of
ram & a 250 MB hard drive). The goal, aside from playing, is to keep my skills
current with the changing job market and to set myself up so freelancing is an
option. I do scientific & technical editing, substantive editing and some
writing on technical subjects, and also nontechnical stuff like resumes and
newsletters. I have done some computer documentation, but not much.

With those goals in mind, would I be smarter to get Pagemaker, Framemaker, or
something else? Is any one package used significantly more in the field than
the others?

Thanks,

Margaret

margaret_knox -at- aplcomm -dot- jhuapl -dot- edu