Re: Mom

Subject: Re: Mom
From: "naomi (n.) bulka" <nbulka -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 1994 13:49:00 -0500

I have been following this thread carefully and was hoping someone else
used the same appelation as I when addressing my mother. My husband
thinks it is a strange spelling (given the Egyptian connotation) but I
call my mother" Mummy" and I sign my name the same way on notes etc to
my children. I was born in Britain and grew up in Montreal and have
always assumed that is English to say or write Mummy.

I address my father as Daddy and when speaking to others refer to my
parents as my mother and father. Aunts have always been called auntie.
We are Saba and Savta (Hebrew) to our grandchildren though my children
refer to their maternal grandparents as Oma and Opa and paternal
grandparents as Bubby and Zeidy. So there you have the whole mishpocho!!
(Hebrew for family)

Naomi
nbulka -at- bnr -dot- ca