Electronic Brochures?

Subject: Electronic Brochures?
From: Joanne Saathoff <Joanne_Saathoff -at- CCMAIL -dot- BMC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 15:13:23 CST

Does anybody out there know anything about electronic
brochures? By an electronic brochure, I mean
a presentation (multimedia or just hypertext with graphics)
that a person views online. The idea is that our marketing
people would hand out the diskettes at trade shows.

I'm looking for any information on this topic that you'd
be willing to share. Specifically, my marketing contact
wants to know:

1. How effective are electronic brochures versus paper
brochures? Do customers really look at electronic
brochures when they get home from a trade show?
(I know this is difficult to track, but I've gotta ask.)

2. Tools?

Please send your responses directly to me. I'll summarize
the responses and post them to the list. Thanks.

Joanne Saathoff
BMC Software, Inc., Austin, Texas
joanne_saathoff -at- bmc -dot- com